- APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED -
Oxford Playhouse is looking for two performers for its Playhouse Plays-Out Tour, which will visit rural schools and communities across Oxfordshire this summer. Mind the Monsters is an original play by Ben Watson, for ages 4 – 11 and their families & friends.
Mind the Monsters follows an epic journey through the brain! Two performers multi-roll different characters and ask essential questions around wellbeing for young people. Fun, energetic and fast-paced, this show aims to connect with young audiences in an authentic way, helping them connect with their own wellbeing and creativity.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for two performers with the following experience and skills:
- Applicants must have at least two professional speaking credits on their CV
- Experience of working in theatre for children and young people
- Experience with physical theatre / movement
- Multi-rolling experience
- A playful and collaborative approach
- Confident singing onstage
- Experience in comedy and clowning
- Experience in improvisation
- Based within Oxfordshire
Auditions for shortlisted performers will take place at Oxford Playhouse: Thursday 23 & Friday 24 March 2023.
We will contact all applicants to let them know whether they have been successful in getting an audition.
Run: 8 weeks, Tuesday 6 June – Sunday 30 July 2023
Rehearsals: Monday 22 May – Sunday 4 June 2023
The performance will last approx. 50 minutes and run for two-three performances per day, four days a week.
Fee: £561.06 per week.
How to apply:
Deadline for application Thursday 9 March 2023, 12 noon. (We reserve the right to close the application process early if we receive sufficient applications. Early applications are strongly encouraged).
To apply, please email email@example.com with the following information:
- A recent headshot
- A Spotlight link, if you have one.
- If you do not have a Spotlight link, please send us your Acting CV.
- For this tour, you will be required to have an Enhanced DBS. Please let us know if you have one already and when it was last checked. Alternatively, Oxford Playhouse will process the application.
- Please complete the online Equal Opportunities Monitoring form https://forms.office.com/e/2VAAhGXA5z (please note, all information provided remains anonymous and is used for monitoring purposes only).
We particularly encourage applications from artists currently under-represented in our work, including performers from the global majority, performers in the LGBTQIA+ community, disabled and neurodiverse performers, and performers from traditionally working-class backgrounds.
Oxford Playhouse is committed to ensuring our workforce, audience and artists truly reflect the city and region we live in. We believe diversity in our workforce is vital for our continued success and ability to attract artists, collaborators, and audiences from diverse backgrounds, with a range of experience.
Oxford Playhouse will support any Access requirements you may have during this process, and if you are selected, will discuss any adjustments to the role.
If you require any Access support relating to the application process, or require further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Mind The Monsters application support.”
We look forward to hearing from you!