Covid Secure Measures at Oxford Playhouse
Oxford Playhouse is delighted to be welcoming audiences back into our theatre.
Please be assured that the safety of our audiences is of the utmost importance to us. We are following the safety and hygiene measures set out by the government in its guidance for performing arts.
The following measures will remain in place after 19 July 2021.
- Regular fogging of auditorium and front of house spaces;
- Enhanced cleaning; including high intensity touch points
- Multiple hand sanitiser stations
- Wearing of face coverings for audiences strongly encouraged, especially when moving around the venue
- Modified routes and one-way systems around the building to avoid overcrowding and manage audience flow
- Recommendation to audiences to bring minimal possessions with them
- Contactless ticketing
- Staggered arrival times for some shows
- Book with confidence, exchange with ease pledge, allowing exchanges up to 2 hours ahead of a performance if ticket holder cannot attend due to Covid.
The measures being lifted at Oxford Playhouse include:
- Most socially distanced auditorium seating (although some productions over the summer may retain certain areas of the auditorium, or certain performance times which are socially distanced)
- Restrictions on party booking size, and limitations to household or bubbles
- Check in via the NHS app before entering the venue. (The option to use Track and Trace will be available, and we encourage visitors to the venue to use this.)
Oxford Playhouse will be reviewing these measures regularly and updating when necessary. If you have any questions before your visit to us please contact the Box Office on 01865 305 305 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
From Mon 19 Jul, refreshments will be available at the OP bar.
Staggered Arrival Times
To avoid congestion, OP will stagger audience arrival times. You will be emailed after your booking with your arrival time. If you have not received this information by at least 2 hours before the start time of your event, please contact the Box Office. (Please check your spam folder.) On arrival, please show your e-tickets on a phone/tablet to our team where possible. You will be directed to your seat. Please be aware that the cloakroom will not be available, so please travel lightly!
Test and Trace
From Mon 19 Jul, audience members are no longer required to scan a Test And Trace QR code or complete a Track and Trace form. The option to use Track and Trace is still available, and we encourage visitors to the venue to use this.
One Way System
To facilitate safe audience flow and to avoid overcrowding, a one way system has been created in the building.”
Hand Sanitisers & Face Coverings
Hand sanitiser stations have been placed throughout the OP front of house area for your use. OP encourages all audience members (unless exempt for health reasons) to wear a face covering whilst at the Playhouse, especially when moving around the theatre.
OP’s auditorium ventilation circulates 100% fresh air and not recirculated air.
Enhanced Cleaning Measures
A fogging system will provide a deep clean before performances and cleaning and disinfecting is taking place more frequently throughout the building, with particular attention being paid to ‘touch points’.
In the event that a performance has to be cancelled, you will receive a full refund. If you are unwell and unable to attend please contact our Box Office team who will do their best to help you.
Please help us to keep all audiences safe!
Thank you for observing our new procedures. If you think you may have symptoms of Covid-19 (high temperature, new persistent cough, change in sense of taste or smell), we respectfully ask you not to visit the Playhouse, and attend a later performance. If you feel unwell whilst visiting us, please make a member of the Front of House team aware and head home immediately.