Covid Secure Measures at Oxford Playhouse
Oxford Playhouse is delighted to be welcoming audiences back into our theatre.
Please be assured that the safety of our audiences is of the utmost importance to us. We continue to follow the safety and hygiene measures recommended by government, including specific advice for performing arts venues.
All performances at Oxford Playhouse and at our Burton Tylor Studio are now being sold to full capacity seating, in line with government and UK Theatre guidance. We recognise that some audience members may still feel uncomfortable attending a performance which is at full capacity. Where possible, we will work with visiting producers to accommodate a number of socially distanced performances. Please note, this may not always be possible.
However, we can confirm that there will be a number of socially distanced capacity performances during the run of this year’s pantomime, Robin Hood. Please click here or call the Box Office for further details.
For Oxford Playhouse designated Socially Distanced performances: Seating is arranged in bubbles (groups of tickets containing a specific number of seats i.e. 1, 2, 3 or 4.) . You will need to select all the seats in a bubble to book tickets. If you are trying to book a single seat for one of these performances, please contact the Box Office directly on 01865 305 305 during our opening hours and we will try our best to accommodate you. Please be aware that it may not always be possible to assign a single seat.
The following measures are in place:
- Regular fogging of auditorium and front of house spaces
- Our ventilation system draws in fresh air form outside, rather than recycled air
- Enhanced cleaning; including high intensity touch points
- Just a little ask, we’d love you to wear a mask! If you can, please wear a mask. For the continued safety of our audiences, artists and staff, face coverings are strongly and respectfully encouraged during your time in the Playhouse, both when you are foyer and seated in the auditorium. Thank you for your co-operation. (Please note, for performances at our Burton Taylor Studio, we must insist that all patrons, except the medically exempt, wear a mask while watching the performance.)
- Multiple hand sanitiser stations
- Wearing of face coverings for audiences strongly encouraged, especially when moving around the venue
- Modified routes and one-way systems around the building to avoid overcrowding and manage audience flow
- Recommendation to audiences to bring minimal possessions with them
- Contactless ticketing
- Contactless payment
- Staggered arrival times for some shows
- All Oxford Playhouse staff and visiting companies take regular lateral flow tests to ensure no one working on the premises has tested positive for Covid-19 and our Front of House staff will continue to wear face masks as part of our risk mitigation procedures.
- Book with confidence, exchange with ease pledge, allowing exchanges up to 2 hours ahead of a performance if ticket holder cannot attend due to Covid.
Oxford Playhouse will be reviewing its Covid safety measures regularly and updating when necessary. If you have any questions before your visit to us please contact the Box Office on 01865 305 305 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org