AGED 14 to 25? OPT IN TODAY AND GET FREE AND DISCOUNTED TICKETS
Find classic drama, stand-up comedy, West End shows and big name stars on our Main Stage; or try something box-fresh and exciting at the Burton Taylor Studio.
If you’re aged 14 to 25, all this top-quality entertainment can be yours when you join us as an OPTin member. OPTin membership costs £5 when you join, lasts until the day before you 26th birthday, and includes:
There’s no catch.
Already an OPTin member?
Log in to update your details and check ticket orders and offers. Or see the the 'Shows, Offers & Events' tab for all your OPT in offers this month.
If you require any more information about OPTin membership or would like to discuss gift membership, call 01865 305353 or email email@example.com.
Tue 12 September, 7.30pm
£5 & £10 OPTin tickets available
Legendary comedian Stewart Lee returns with his new show Content Provider. With take-downs of Brexit, Trump, Game of Thrones and selfie culture, he vents his spleen at the state of humanity in a venomously funny ‘post-laughs show’ for a ‘post-fact era’. Join us for a night of satire, epic punchlines and acidic put-downs.
Thu 14 September, 7.30pm
Free & £5 OPTin tickets available
Irreverent and silly, daring and breath-taking, Flown tells the tale of a motley crew of incredible acrobats, aerialists, musicians and stuntmen trying to get their circus show on the road. Mixing comedy and chaos with bold physicality and live music, things go right, plenty more goes wrong and catastrophe is just one move away.
Things I Know to be True
Fri 29 September, 8.00pm
Free & £5 OPTin tickets available
A beautiful and painfully perceptive portrait of a family and the frictions that arise when grown-up children try to push beyond the confines of their loving parents’ expectations. As touching as it is funny and bold, this poetic and intense show is “genuinely haunting and fervently recommended” (Independent).
White Feather Boxer
Thu 7 & Fri 8 September, 7.30pm
£5 OPTin tickets available
It’s 1967 and the heavyweight boxing champion of the world, Muhammad Ali, refuses to be conscripted into Vietnam. Meanwhile, in a shabby boxing gym, an elderly trainer is haunted by the events of 1914 when he also refused to fight for his country. And that's not to mention Jo, the angry young woman determined to be a boxer. Training her is going to take all of his strength and patience.
The Tiger's Bride
Mon 11 September, 7.30pm
£5 OPTin tickets available
Beauty and her father arrive in Italy to find that all who come to La Bestia’s territory must play a hand of cards with him. After Beauty’s father makes an ill-advised bet, she is forced to come to terms with a frightening new home and a most unusual Beast. Turning the classic fairy-tale of Beauty and the Beast on its head, The Tiger’s Bride is a story of desire, rebirth and embracing the Beast in all of us.
What do I get?
As an OPTin member you are entitled to a pair of free tickets for one show a month (the pair of free tickets cannot be split between two shows).
You can also have a pair of tickets for all Oxford Playhouse shows with £5 and £10 OPTin ticket offers.
You are very welcome to bring a friend. If they are not an OPTin member already they should also be between 14 and 26.
How do I book?
We'll send you an email at the start of every month to let you know about all the free and discounted tickets for the month ahead, as well as any special OPTin events taking place (view an example).
To book OPTin tickets online:
1. Click one of the BOOK NOW buttons in your OPTin newsletter
2. You should see the seating plan for the show. Select Circle or Stalls as you’d prefer.
3. Once you can see the seating plan for your selected area, just click on the seats you want (a little ticket symbol will appear once selected) and then scroll down and click CONTINUE. The tickets will appear as 'Full Price' in your basket at this point. You can book a pair of free, £5 or £10 tickets for any show where there are OPTin tickets available.
4. Click CONTINUE. This will allow you to look at the contents of your Basket.
5. Click CHECKOUT. At this point, you'll need to log into your account. If you've already used our new online system, just click the 'LOG IN' button and skip to Step 9.
6. We installed a new Box Office system in October. If you've never logged into your account or you haven't since October, click the ‘Forgotten your password. Reset here’ link.
7. You should receive a ‘New Password’ email from Oxford Playhouse. Follow the link in the email and enter a new password. Click CHANGE PASSWORD, then CONTINUE. You should now be logged in.
8. If you’d like to make a donation, please do. But if not, click CONTINUE WITHOUT DONATING.
9. Click ‘Leave my tickets at the box office’. (OPT in! members needs to provide ID to pick up their tickets so we can’t post them to you) and then CONTINUE.
10. The Summary page should show you the free, £5 or £10 tickets OPTin tickets in your basket. If you would like to add more OPTin tickets at this point, click EDIT BASKET and navigate to the relevant show and performance and follow Steps 2-9 again.
11. Follow the payment instructions (if you need to pay for any tickets) and you’re done!
Alternatively, give our Box Office a ring on 01865 305305 or come in and visit us on Beaumont Street,
There are only a limited number of OPTin tickets released each month and they’re always popular, so book early.
What happens if I can't make it?
If you book a free or discounted OPTin ticket but find you can’t come after all, let us know by calling the Ticket Office at least 24 hours in advance.
If you don’t pick up your OPTin tickets on three or more occasions your membership may be cancelled, as well as any future OPTin bookings you may have made.
I require an Access Performance, but no dates are available?
If you require a captioned, BSL or audio-described performance, please contact the Ticket Office(01865 305305) and we will do our very best to arrange this for you.
For more information about access performances at Oxford Playhouse, please see our Access Information.
How long does my OPTin membership last?
Your OPTin membership will expire at midnight the day before you turn 26.
We will give you the opportunity to cancel any OPTin tickets or events you may have booked that are due to be used after your membership has expired; otherwise they will be upgraded to full price.
How do I sign up?
You can sign up online, over the phone on 01865 305305 or in person by visiting us at Oxford Playhouse, Beaumont Street, Oxford OX1 2LW. Please note, there is a £5 registration fee.