During the first 10 weeks of Lockdown Oxford Playhouse has challenged communities to take part in daily #EverydayCreative Activities to help keep our community inspired, creative and connected in line with our regional #StayCreativeOxfordshire campaign.
While we're taking a break from daily #EverdayCreative challenges, we’ve gathered together ten of our favourite challenges for you to continue in your own time, along with a video of some of our favourite entries and responses. Enjoy.
Our Top 10:
1. Using everyday household items act out your favourite show or play to somebody, letting them guess the answer.
2. Create your dream cast for your dream play. What would it be and who would you choose?
3. Isolation got you down? Why not take a moment to write a few things that you are grateful for and things you hope to achieve, by writing a letter of gratitude? This one is just for you.
4. What would a museum of you look like? Curate and create it using your favourite things around your home.
5. Quiz time: If you’re not already sick of them, have a go at making your very own pub quiz for your friends, family, or work colleagues.
6. Get creative by doodling in a notebook the things you miss about pre-lockdown life and want to do again in the future.
7. Share a favourite photo with your friends and family. Whether that’s walks in the Chilterns with family, sunsets over University Parks or a just the view from your bedroom window.
8. Demonstrate or share with a friend a small way we can celebrate the planet and what we have - whether that’s a dance, through a piece of artwork or planting fruit & veg.
9. Choose a hand or foot and decorate each of the nails to become a famous band (spice nails, or thumb-direction). You can even get them to stage a show!
10. Name that Quote. Challenge your friends or family to answer who first said a famous quote, e.g. ‘To be or not to be, that is the question - Shakespeare (or Hamlet!)’