We recognise the vital role that creativity has in these uncertain times. Oxford Playhouse is continuing to offer creative opportunities to uplift, inspire and engage with our community whilst in isolation or during social distancing. Our buildings may be closed, but our vision to be a Playhouse for Everyone continues. Our Playhouse at Home creative programme is designed to help everyone stay creative and is made up of ten key strands.
- Everyday Creative: Each day the Playhouse will release a Creative Challenge via our social media channels. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to take part.
- Community Playmaker is a new strand of our flagship Playmaker programme. The project encourages anyone of any age to have a go at writing their very own play - short plays, long plays, monologues, duologues. We will provide materials from our Playhouse Playmakers and online workshops to help you get started. We will read and feedback on all submissions. With permission we will share these written pieces on the Playhouse’s website, so that other people in the community can read your work. If you would like more information, please email email@example.com
- Online Workshops: Our existing programme of classes and workshops has moved online. These activities include Hey Diddle Diddle for young families, 12-16 and 17-25 Young Companies, and our Playhouse Adult Company for all aged 25+. To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org See our What's On page. There's plenty of time to join up!
- We will introduce a new programme of Creative Masterclasses for all ages to bring creativity into your home, led by our talented team at the Playhouse and our associate artists. The Creative Masterclasses will be launching soon.To register your interest please email email@example.com
- In partnership with other Oxfordshire arts organisations we will launch an urgent Commissioning Fund to support artists in creating work designed to be watched by you in your own home. More information coming soon.
- We will continue to provide mentoring and support to all artists on attachment through our Evolve and Playhouse Playmaker initiatives during these challenging times. We are also widening our support for all artists in Oxfordshire.
- We recognise the huge pressure on teachers at the moment to deliver materials for home schooling whilst delivering regular classes to the children of key workers. Our Support for Schools programme includes a full range of creative resources. If you would like more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- OP Recommends: We will work with a variety of artists and partners to deliver and share recorded performances to be watched by you in your own home. These performances will be announced via our social media channels and website.
- We are listening! We are currently in conversation with our community partners to build collaborative programmes of support for those most vulnerable during these uncertain times.
- We have introduced the #StayCreativeOxfordshire for everyone to stay connected and share their creativity and talent in one place. Be sure to use it as and when you post your own creations. Keep us all inspired!
We hope with our Playhouse at Home programme we can help you stay uplifted, inspired and creative during these uncertain times. The creativity continues...
We would like to thank Arts Council England for its leadership support of the entire cultural sector at this difficult time, and all of our kind supporters who are donating to our fundraising appeal to ensure the Playhouse can Play on…
Donate here: www.oxfordplayhouse.com/donate