AGED 14 to 25? OPT IN TODAY AND GET FREE AND DISCOUNTED TICKETS
Find classic drama, stand-up comedy, West End shows and big name stars on our Main Stage; or try something box-fresh and exciting at the Burton Taylor Studio.
If you’re aged 14 to 25, all this top-quality entertainment can be yours when you join us as an OPTin member. OPTin membership costs £5 when you join, lasts until the day before you 26th birthday, and includes:
There’s no catch.
Already an OPTin member?
Log in to update your details and check ticket orders and offers. Or see the the 'Shows, Offers & Events' tab for all your OPTin offers this month.
If you require any more information about OPTin membership or would like to discuss gift membership, call 01865 305353 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
April Offers 2018
The Flying Lovers of Vitebsk
Fri 20 April, 8pm
£5 OPTin tickets available
Partners in life and on canvas, Marc and Bella Chagall are immortalised as the picture of romance. But whilst on canvas they flew, in life they walked through some of the most devastating times in history, navigating the Pogroms, the Russian Revolution, and each other. Emma Rice’s final production as Kneehigh's Artistic Director comes direct from sell-out seasons at London’s Globe and in Edinburgh.
Périclès, Prince De Tyr
Tue 24 April, 7.30pm
Free (sold out) & £5 OPTin tickets available
One of Shakespeare’s strangest and most heartrending plays, Périclès is the fable of a man who becomes estranged from those he loves but, miraculously, is reunited with them. Traversing a stormy sea of pirates, magicians, kidnappers and goddesses, internationally renowned theatre company Cheek by Jowl sails from shore to shore in their exceptional new take on this rarely seen tale of marine miracles. In French with English surtitles.
Quarter Life Crisis
Tue 17 April, 7.30pm
Burton Taylor Studio
OPTin tickets sold out
Alicia is a hot mess. She doesn’t know what she’s doing with her life. Swiping left and right to find the perfect match. Everyone around her seems to know where they’re going, while she’s trying to cheat growing up and keep her 16-25 Railcard. What does it mean to be an adult, and when do you become one? Worth seeing for anybody who recognises the millennial malaise...
What Goes On in Front of Closed Doors
Thu 19 April, 7.30pm
Burton Taylor Studio
OPTin tickets sold out
Molly studied Hamlet, took flute lessons, went on girls’ holidays…just like anyone else. But after her mum died, her world disintegrated. Exploring how we’re all just a few steps away from homelessness, What Goes On In Front Of Closed Doors comes to the Burton Taylor Studio following a critically acclaimed run at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
What do I get?
As an OPTin member you are entitled to a pair of free tickets for one show a month (the pair of free tickets cannot be split between two shows).
You can also have a pair of tickets for all Oxford Playhouse shows with £5 and £10 OPTin ticket offers.
You are very welcome to bring a friend. If they are not an OPTin member already they should also be between 14 and 26.
How do I book?
We'll send you an email at the start of every month to let you know about all the free and discounted tickets for the month ahead, as well as any special OPTin events taking place (view an example).
To book OPTin tickets online:
1. Click one of the BOOK NOW buttons in your OPTin newsletter
2. You should see the seating plan for the show. Select Circle or Stalls as you’d prefer.
3. Once you can see the seating plan for your selected area, just click on the seats you want (a little ticket symbol will appear once selected) and then scroll down and click CONTINUE. The tickets will appear as 'Full Price' in your basket at this point. You can book a pair of free, £5 or £10 tickets for any show where there are OPTin tickets available.
4. Click CONTINUE. This will allow you to look at the contents of your Basket.
5. Click CHECKOUT. At this point, you'll need to log into your account. If you've already used our new online system, just click the 'LOG IN' button and skip to Step 9.
6. We installed a new Box Office system in October. If you've never logged into your account or you haven't since October, click the ‘Forgotten your password. Reset here’ link.
7. You should receive a ‘New Password’ email from Oxford Playhouse. Follow the link in the email and enter a new password. Click CHANGE PASSWORD, then CONTINUE. You should now be logged in.
8. If you’d like to make a donation, please do. But if not, click CONTINUE WITHOUT DONATING.
9. Click ‘Leave my tickets at the box office’. (OPT in! members needs to provide ID to pick up their tickets so we can’t post them to you) and then CONTINUE.
10. The Summary page should show you the free, £5 or £10 tickets OPTin tickets in your basket. If you would like to add more OPTin tickets at this point, click EDIT BASKET and navigate to the relevant show and performance and follow Steps 2-9 again.
11. Follow the payment instructions (if you need to pay for any tickets) and you’re done!
Alternatively, give our Box Office a ring on 01865 305305 or come in and visit us on Beaumont Street,
There are only a limited number of OPTin tickets released each month and they’re always popular, so book early.
What happens if I can't make it?
If you book a free or discounted OPTin ticket but find you can’t come after all, let us know by calling the Ticket Office at least 24 hours in advance.
If you don’t pick up your OPTin tickets on three or more occasions your membership may be cancelled, as well as any future OPTin bookings you may have made.
I require an Access Performance, but no dates are available?
If you require a captioned, BSL or audio-described performance, please contact the Ticket Office(01865 305305) and we will do our very best to arrange this for you.
For more information about access performances at Oxford Playhouse, please see our Access Information.
How long does my OPTin membership last?
Your OPTin membership will expire at midnight the day before you turn 26.
We will give you the opportunity to cancel any OPTin tickets or events you may have booked that are due to be used after your membership has expired; otherwise they will be upgraded to full price.
How do I sign up?
You can sign up online, over the phone on 01865 305305 or in person by visiting us at Oxford Playhouse, Beaumont Street, Oxford OX1 2LW. Please note, there is a £5 registration fee.